Friday, March 6, 2015

Spring in my step


As the days grow longer and the mornings brighter I find myself jumping out of bed, excited to tackle the day.  I love this time of year.  The smell of the cold fresh air and freshly cut grass.  It inspires me to write, to film, to live.
I suffer from S.A.D.  For those that are not too familiar with it, its Seasonal Affect Disorder.  Basically I hibernate for the winter.  In laymans terms I hide under a duvet as much as I can till the sun comes back out in spring.  I hate the cold dark days.  They are gloomy and dull and depressing.  And they effect me very strongly.  I find it incredibly debilitating.  Getting up and doing anything is so hard I cant even explain it to you properly.  It should be written into the Constitution that we can hibernate if we wish for those dank days.
But this time of year gives me butterflies.
You know when you go out you might still be cold.  And sometimes the sun is deceiving and it is actually much bloody colder than you dressed for but you know it will still be bright when you are heading home.
Enjoy the snowdrops popping up followed shortly by the yellow sea of daffodils as it is a sign of good times ahead.

No comments: