Saturday, June 7, 2014

My SlimmingWorld Story

So I've just set up a Facebook page and a YouTube Channel to document my SlimmingWorld Journey.  I have been speaking to so many people lately who have found this to be an amazing path to weight loss and a healthier lifestyle.  I am passionate in my responses to these people because I am passionate about this concept.  Its focus is on healthy eating, not restrictive eating.  Its foundation is do what you can today, and start fresh tomorrow.  And for me, even in extremely tough times, it has been do-able.  I know it wont be right for everyone, but given how well it worked for me, and is still working today and everyday, I thought I would share my journey with you all.

I was never hugely over weight and it wasnt until I lost the weight did some people see how much I had put on.  My numbers crept up slowly after baby no. 2 and no. 3 who were 18 months apart.  And after my dad got diagnosed with cancer my numbers learnt to jog.  With bad news came bad binges.  I felt at the time I was dealing well with the situation outwardly.  But I ate myself sane some days I swear.  And it wouldnt even be real food.  The junkier the food, the better it tasted, the more I wanted.

In the summer of 2013 we had two family weddings.  And I had vowed to lose the weight for both.  But thats when the numberes learned to run.  And the less I tried to eat the more I ate.  It was a vicious circle that was making me dizzy.  In the end, I gave in and allowed myself some time to just be.  But after my dad passed away on New Years Eve I decided I didnt want to start a new year like this either.  Now from this moment to the day I walked through the doors of SlimmingWorld there were a few weeks of non stop scoff.  It was like I was eating as much junk as I could before it was banned for life.  But if only I knew then what I know now...

First and Foremost the plan worked for me.  My switch in my head that said I was ready to do this and do it right had flicked.  And I was at the starting line ready to go.  But, bare in mind that 18 months previous I had ventured into a SlimmingWorld meeting and scoffed and joked that the scales were rigged.  No way were people losing as much as they said by eating what they said they ate.  No way on gods green earth was it true.  But I wasnt ready.  Food was a comfy blankey and I was afraid that I was being lured into something untoward only to be told in week two that I couldnt eat anything anymore.
Second of all, the support that I got from my group every week is priceless.  Honestly, without them I would not have reached my target weight.  Between just listening, sharing stories, sharing recipies and having a right good giggle, which never did anybody any harm at all, they were all fab and I dont think they will ever know the part they played.
Thirdly of all it changed my family life for the better.  Because I was eating better I was feeling better which obviously benefits everybody, lets face it.  And because I was eating better my hubbie was eating better which meant he looked better.  And because I was eating better my children were eating better and learning much better eating habits which will stand to them every day.  And for all of this I am grateful.

I have since decided to share my journey because if one person benefits from it I will be happy.  I will be documenting my days with a food vlog on youtube and pics and chats on my facebook page.  Please come and take a look and subscribe if you like it.  And feel free to like and share my Facebook page.  Thanks xcx

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgdQDQScmxw31u-YV_yzuCQ

https://www.facebook.com/cazslimmingworldvlogz

No comments: